Stone inscription of King Ramachandra Narayan Hasnu (Khaspur)
This is a stone inscription from Dimasa king's reign and it was discovered near the Main Singhadwar by the Archaeological staff while working on 12th December, 2005. After the death of the Dimasa king Kritichandra Narayan, his elder son Ramchandra Narayan ascended the throne in 1738 A.D and shifted his capital from Wa-bari to Khaspur in the year 1740, the stone inscription tells about the inauguration of newly constructed Singhadwar (entrance gate) on a newly shifted Dimasa capital in 1740 A.D. The words carved on the stone-slab are still distinctly readable and it is kept in the Archaeological office of Khaspur Rajbari.
The full line to line translation of the above short interview on King Ramachandra Narayan Hasnu's stone inscription dated 1740 A.D. it is narrated by Romaranjan Phonglo Barman of Thaligram, Khaspur village.
Monali: Accha, ebuni grao ha thiseng.
Monali: Okay, tell something about this.
Romaranjan: Ebu 2005 ha ebu Archaeological site ha kushi dangbaha ha bishhinng ni phang maiba. Ha bishing niphang mayaba ebu shilalikhi, ebuke ning promaran ridu je Raja phaibani yakhon ha ebuke eraha bo rajdhani shlamba ha ek reybayani graoke ning eraha riba se, shum hato ha jaba thikade Ramchandra Narayan Hasnu ni bo somoi ha jaba thidu. Ebuni translationl la dongmuh ani noha odehe ebuke 2005 ha maiba.
Romaranjan: This stone inscription was found underground while working in the Archaeological site in the year 2005 and this is the proof that after arrival of the king, this place was made the capital of Dimasa Kachari Kingdom about which it is written in this stone inscription. It was installed during the reign of King Ramchandra Narayan Hasnu.